Andreea Preda – Psychologist
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Psychology) - Complutense University of Madrid (Spain)
- Master of Professional Psychology - Monash University
- Associate Member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- General Psychologist Registration
Areas of Special interest:
- Adolescent - mental health issues, school related issues
- Self-esteem issues
- Relationship difficulties
- Anger management issues
- Behavioural issues
- Depression and anxiety
Andreea was born in Romania and moved to Spain in her early teens where she studied to become a psychologist. Was also in Spain where she learnt that hope and resilience can be built even in the most painful and adverse moments in life while working as a psycho-oncologist.
Soon after she relocated to Australia and her training and experience gained in Spain contributed to embrace the new role as a general psychologist in private practice and understand that moving countries does not mean necessarily “starting over” but “to be continued” as well.
Andreea is also bilingual in Spanish and Romanian which she found to be very helpful her my past experience with clients with a language barrier. Her approach is empathetic, enthusiastic, non-judgemental and focussed on facilitating growth. Andreea works with a variety of clients across their lifespan using evidence-based therapies such as Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Client-Centred Therapy (CCT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Solution Focussed Therapy (SFT) and Mindfulness.
Days available: Wednesday and Thursday