Fees, Rebates and Referrals
Effective as of 17th of March 2017
- Clinical Psychologist: $205 per 50-60 minute session
- Psychologist Consultations: $165 per 50-60 minute session
- Clinical Social Worker Consultations: $155 per 50-60 minute session
- Non Medicare registered Social Worker $80 per 50-60 minute session
- Clinical Psychologist: $210 per 50-60 minute session
- Psychologist Consultations: $170 per 50-60 minute session
- Clinical Social Worker Consultations: $160 per 50-60 minute session
- Non Medicare registered Social Worker $85 per 50-60 minute session
- Clinical Psychologist: $225 per 50-60 minute session
- Psychologist Consultations: $185 per 50-60 minute session
- Clinical Social Worker Consultations: $175 per 50-60 minute session
- Non Medicare registered Social Worker $100 per 50-60 minute session
- Cash,credit card, EFTPOS and HICAPS
- Medicare rebates or Private Health Fund gap payments may apply if eligible
Costs will vary - please contact our office for details.
All fees must be paid at the time of consultation. Medicare rebates can be processed onsite at the time of payment and the rebate is generally processed back into your bank account overnight.
Our fees are well under the Australian Psychological Society and Australian Association of Social Workers recommended fee: See below link:
To claim a Medicare rebate you MUST have a referral letter and have had a Mental Health Care Plan lodged with Medicare from you Doctor or other Health Professional.
See link for more details in relation to a Mental Health Care Plan:
To claim through HICAPS, you must have Private Health Insurance that covers Psychology. Most Private Health Funds are accepted through our terminal and claims can be processed at the time of payment.
- HCF cover cannot be claimed electronically through the HICAPS terminal.
- Social Workers are not covered by most private health funds.
- Provisional Pyschologist are not covered by private health funds and no Medicare rebates available
Private referrals, or via:
- Victims of Crime
- Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Veterans and Veterans Families Counselling Service (VVCS)
- Carers Victoria
- Open Place
- EAP Providers
Crookes Counselling and Consulting Services have a 24 hour cancellation policy. This policy applies to all sessions. Please remember at times we have clients on our waiting lists and therefore need sufficient time to offer any cancelled appointments.
If you have given permission for text messages to be sent to your mobile phone you will receive an appointment reminder at least 48 hours prior to your scheduled appointment, thus giving you sufficient time to reschedule your appointment if needed.
If you fail to give at least 24 hours notice to cancel or reschedule an appointment or fail to attend this appointment the full session fee may be charged. If your sessions are funded under an EAP program you may lose one of your allocated sessions.
Please note: this fee is NOT covered by Medicare and will be payable before your next appointment.