Nynke Jacobs – Provisional Psychologist
Areas of Special Interest:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Self-esteem issues
- Burn out
- ADHD and ASD
- Disordered eating
- Relationship issues
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- EMDR Therapy
- Solution Focused Therapy
- Provisional Psychologist Registration (AHPRA)
- Working With Children Check
- Bachelor of Science (Psychology) - the Netherlands
- Master of Science in Developmental Psychology - the Netherlands
- Clinical Health Psychologist - the Netherlands
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapist (VGCt) - the Netherlands
During her psychology studies in the Netherlands, Nynke was predominantly trained in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). In addition, she embraces other empirically-proven treatment approaches including EMDR, Solution Focused Therapy, Mindfulness and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) to guide her work. Nynke’s approach is collaborative and focused on the strengths and abilities of her clients.
Before moving to Australia in 2018, Nynke worked in the Netherlands as a clinical health psychologist and cognitive behavioural therapist in psychiatry for 13 years. She is experienced in working with children, adolescents and adults facing a broad range of psychological issues as well as psychiatric disorders.
Nynke is passionate about counselling adolescents and adults in a way that is supportive, practical and tailored to the client's needs.
Days available: Monday