Marie-Claire McCubbery - Psychologist
Sees adolescents 12 years & up
- Bachelor of Arts (Psychology / Spanish)
- Post Graduate Diploma of Psychology
- Masters of Counselling Psychology
- Member - Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Working With Children Check
Areas of Special Interest:
- Registered with the ATAPS program.
- Relationship Difficulties
- Anxiety and Depression
- Trauma and Abuse
- Work-related Bullying and Stress
- Life Transition Difficulties
- Parenting Issues
- Adjustment Difficulties, Grief and Loss
- EMDR Therapy
Marie-Claire McCubbery is a Counselling psychologist and works with adolescents, adults and couples to support and assist them in finding their way through a broad range of issues including anxiety related difficulties, depression, stress, relationship issues and life transition difficulties.
Using a person-centered approach, Marie-Claire works collaboratively with the individual needs of each client to increase their self-awareness and facilitate change in behaviour, entrenched thinking patterns and more deeply ingrained emotional difficulties. She draws from a range of therapy models including Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Mindfulness, Commitment Therapy (ACT), Emotion Focus Therapy, Attachment Therapy and Schema Therapy.
In addition to being registered with Medicare Marie-Claire is a registered provider to TAC, Work Cover and Victims of Crime. She can also conduct counselling sessions in Spanish if requested.
Days available: Tuesday mornings, Wednesday & Friday