Debi Hamilton - Psychologist
- Bachelor of Arts (ANU)
- Grad Dip Counselling (RMIT)
- Member of Australian Psychological Society (APS)
- Member of APS Counselling College
Areas of Special Interest:
- Registered with the ATAPS program.
- anxiety - including panic attacks, phobias, social anxiety
- sleep difficulties
- WorkCover injury/rehabilitation
- life transitions - post-natal depression, menopause, retirement
- prostate cancer treatment
Debi Hamilton is a registered counselling psychologist with more than 20 years' experience in private practice. Her work is individually tailored, practical and thoughtful. Debi has worked extensively with people suffering from trauma - including work-related and accident trauma - and abuse, particularly sexual abuse. Her experience in these areas has helped her to develop a gentle but focussed approach, using a range of therapeutic techniques in close consultation with the client.
Anxiety in all its manifestations is another area in which Debi has many years of experience. She works with people experiencing a range of conditions, from phobias, social anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorders through to trauma-related arousal.
Debi also has experience working with men (and their partners) following prostate cancer treatment. She is able to assist with the grief and psychosexual adjustment that can often follow changes in erectile functioning.
Days available: Tuesday and Thursday Telehealth Appointments Only